Monday, March 21, 2011

Gary with "A Coat of Many Colors"

Me at the opening of "Each One Invites One" at McBride Gallery in Annapolis on Sunday, March 20. Cynthia McBride had five gallery artists each invite a guest artist they admire. My friend Ed Hatch, a wonderful landscape painter from Prince George County, asked me to exhibit in the show. There was an introduction of the guest painters by the gallery artists and a discussion of "what makes a great painting." I think Ed summed up my work pretty well . . . he said I was an old rust bucket and if art was music, I would be Hank Williams (Sr.) . . . I loved that! It was nice to meet the other artists and patrons (an excellent turnout)  . . . and an added bonus was the sale of one of my paintings, "Geezers of the Sea!"

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gary, it was a pleasure meeting you on Sunday and having a nice conversation about all sorts of stuff. Glad Ed chose you as his 'special invited guest artist'. I'll make a point of coming back here to keep an eye on what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terry . . . It was a pleasure meeting you, also, on Sunday. I've been following your work at pencilshaver.blogspot.com for quite some time, and I really love your work. You've inspired me to pull out my pencil box, spread out all my various "leads" and do some drawing! I'll post what happens.

    ReplyDelete