Monday, November 21, 2011

"Movie Star"


A few days ago, I finished my sixth and final day as a "background actor" (extra) on the film "Office Seekers" (working title), being shot here in Richmond and in Petersburg, Virginia. Produced and directed by Steven Spielberg, it is based on the Bestseller "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin, about the Lincoln presidency. My character is an "anti-war" Democrat in the U. S. House of Representatives. I was in scenes with Tommy Lee Jones, James Spader ("The Office") and Sally Field (still cute as a bug, playing Mary Todd Lincoln). The hours were very long (13+ hours each day) but it was an incredible experience! And the real frosting on the cake was being directed by Spielberg! . . . Not only is he a movie-making genius, but a real gentleman, as well!  Anyhow, I think I'll go out on top of my game and retire from show-biz. Now, it's back to painting. 

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool. And I'm glad you aren't letting fame go to your head. (grin) I'll get a copy when it comes out and look for you.

    ReplyDelete